Friday, February 19, 2010

Just curious...

Hello Friends and Family! I hope you are enjoying this gorgeous sunny day! We've been playing outside and doing yard work!

So...yesterday...I cleaned my entire house top to bottom. I have always used the same cleaning products...usually...comet, tilex, clorox, windex etc...However as I was cleaning the kids' bathroom (specifically their bathtub) with comet...I thought about all the chemicals that I use to clean surfaces that touch their sensitive little bodies! And while, I definitely want to be a germ buster (we've had our fair share of illness this year), it occurred to me that some of these products may be worse for them than the germs I think I'm killing!

SO...with all that said, I'm curious...what do you use to clean your house? And what do you use when someone gets the flu...do you use the harsh chemicals to kill the bad germs? Is it only on that occasion that you use those cleaners? Do share...I clean a lot...and I'm wondering what I should use!!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hello! I use Method clearning products. Another great product is Bon Ami. You can use it on the kitchen, bathroom, etc., and it doesn't scratch and is environmentally friendly. I've been meaning to make my own cleaning products using vinegar but need to find the "recipes." I'll let you know what I find.

Angela said...

Hill I use Method for everything- glass, surface (like kitchen and bathrooms), floors, and they even have a scrub that I use for tiolets and tubs. They I pull out the antibacterial stuff when we get really sick and use it to clean. Method is awesome!!

Tami said...

I had that SAME comet complex you are speaking of! I haven't fully converted to a "green clean", but I do clean the bathtub and sink area with Seventh Generation Tub and Tile cleaner. I know it cleans up soap scum because we have glass shower doors and it cleans the glass perfectly. As far as germs, well I'm not sure that anything natural actually kills the germs? My other pick for quick cleaning, not so green, but I love Chlorox Anywhere. It smells like bleach, which honestly I LOVE, but it can literally be used on baby's pacifiers so it know its not going to rot the kitchen sink out. I spray Addie's highchair with it and usually a few sprays into the sink at the end of the night because I feel like at the end of the day our kitchen sink is actually pretty nasty. I have also sprayed that into the tub after bath just to make it feel like it is germ free and freshened up for the next day.

Anya said...

Hey lady! Hooray for green!! :) I am a big fan of straight up white vinegar. There was a study done is a hospital of bleach vs. vinegar and they found that the vinegar actually disinfected MORE than the bleach (bleach is awful stuff!!). It's what we soak Kylia's humidifier in to clean in. I also like Method, Mrs. Myers, and Chlorox Green is actually pretty good...not great, but better than a lot of the stuff out there.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com