Wednesday, June 23, 2010

i think summer has arrived, i think...

I'm so hesitant to say summer has arrived...because I was just staring at a beautiful, sunny sky and now the clouds have just taken over in mere minutes. Well...we sure did enjoy a day or two of sunshine. Anyhow, for school kids the summer has started...for my little Colden, summer has started...and I'm definitely in summer mode.

We took full advantage of the sun yesterday and were outside the entire day!! We fed the ducks, ate lunch outside, and played at several different parks! It was beautiful!
Feeding the ducks!

Playing a little catch!
Action shot!


Both Brindley and Colden are participating in Sports Sampler this summer! They are joined by their best buddies too...Kylia, Jaxon & Josh! We couldn't be more excited! ; ) Brindley has been waiting for this for awhile now...so instead of watching her big brother, she now gets to play with him!
The 3 amigos!And there's my daughter with the "big" boys! Lovely.

By the way, this weekend is my big race...the Rock & Roll Half Marathon! While I have loved seeing what my body can do (and it actually can run 13.1 miles), I'm ready to give my body a break. I need some prayers, luck, good thoughts...whatever floats your boat...I'm in pain in two different places, but I can do this and I intend to power through it. I'm so close and while I may not perform like I had in mind, I'm going to complete this 1/2 marathon! I'll update you when it's over!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

love all the shots of the kids, Brindley Boo fits in nicely with those boys!!
I'm praying for you and sending vibes your way full of positive energy and strength for your race! I'm SO proud of you Hill!!

Anya said...

Ok, hysterical that B is right in the middle of 'the big boys'. Go figure! ;) And - YOU ROCKED IT LADY!!! :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com