Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy 9th Anniversary!

We had such a special 9th Anniversary!  We had pedicures together (yes, Brian can admit pedicures are awesome), and we had dinner ALL ALONE...thanks to my Mom!  The most exciting thing was... we had our rings redone & got to pick them up on our anniversary!  This took a lot of thinking and time!  If you think about it, we were 20 when we got engaged...we hardly new what we would want in rings...but were very happy for the 11 years that we had them!  Brian's was most important, as it was my Dad's original wedding band, so we took it and split the original band in half and added platinum between the two gold bands. So he still has the original pieces, but now has added something of his own!  My ring went through a large transformation!  I really longed for platinum (it was yellow gold), and a more antique/vintage type look.  I researched a lot (we've been talking about this for a couple years), and found exactly what I wanted!  So we did it!  Might have made sense to wait till our 10th, but we decided to go for it now instead!  
I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband, who happens to also be the most awesome Daddy ever!  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think to myself how blessed I truly am!  So...thank you Brian for all the years that we have been together and for all that you provide and do for our beautiful family!  I love you to pieces!  
Happily married 9 years...pictured after a few glasses of wine!  
Flowers from Brian
Flowers from my Mom
Got it on camera...Brian havin' a pedicure!
Our new rings!!  Really hard to tell from this picture what mine looks like up close.  My main diamond is in the middle with a halo of my original wedding band diamonds around it.  The sides have tiny chip diamonds with paved sides!  I ADORE IT!  

3 comments:

Angela said...

great pict Hillary!! I'm so happy for you guys and your beautiful family!! It's so true that a marriage is hard work and you guys are an amazing couple who supports eachother wonderfully!! You're ring looks beautiful...can't wait to see it soon and oogle ;-)

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness! What a fun day for you guys! The rings are gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person. What a fun treat! Congratulations!!!! Should we post old wedding photos???? Hee, hee. . . remember the shoe?!

Marci said...

Congrats! I thought I noticed a new ring on your finger at preschool on Thursday, but wasn't sure! It was definitely was sparkling and beautiful as it caught my eye!!! That is so fun and exciting!! You guys are adorable....congrats on 9 years! :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com