Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve

This was our first year in Seattle for Christmas (I think my first one EVER!). So with that came lots of changes, a little sadness, excitement and Christmas spirit. Given the choice, I would always be in Spokane for Christmas, but this spring we lost my dear Grandma and that changed Christmas traditions for us (or I should say Christmas locations, because the traditions will live on)! We all handled everything very well and I think we owe that to the Christmas spirit & there is nothing better than watching Christmas unfold through your own children's eyes! It was nice being in our own home this year (we also had my Mom and Aunt Cindy stay overnight)! Not only was our heart heavy for missing Grandma, but my brother is also in Afghanistan and his family in Germany. My heart ached for all of them! The good news was, he called us on Christmas morning and it was great to hear him!


For Christmas Eve this year, we celebrated with Brian's side of the family (my Mom was lovingly included as well)! We exchanged presents on Christmas Eve with them and then had a lovely dinner as well!


After that, we went straight to church! We had to go to the candlelight service due to time constraints and there were some factors against my kids going to child care, so we brought them in with us. I had very low expectations because they had just had a fun-filled time opening tons of presents, it was 7:30 (so close to bed time) and it was an adult service! They were AWESOME! They both sat in our laps and listened the entire time! It really was a true gift!

While it was a late night for all, we had a great time and were anxious for Christmas morning!


A little sibling love on Christmas Eve!Grandma Bell was buried in presents!!! A tradition...a fun pair of boxers for Brian from Vicki! M & M's! Christmas cookies for Santa!

Colden gave up his room for Aunt Cindy! Luckily Brindley has a trundle in her room! The kids have always slept in the same room on Christmas Eve!
Santa delivers!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a good job capturing our first Seattle Christmas. It truly was wonderful!! You expressed it so well, it brought tears to my eyes!! Thank you for everything!
Love ya, Mom

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com